Infrastructure | GBS
- Wi-Fi Campus
- State-of-the-art computer labs with over 800 Pentium-IV personal computers and servers.
- 24 hours Internet connectivity with 4 mbps bandwidth
- Well-endowed library with around 55,000 volumes with 6,100 titles
- Hostels for boys & girls with adequate safety arrangements for girl's hostel
- Dedicated and well-connected bus service (Delhi, Ghaziabad etc.)
- Professionally managed mess and canteen facilities
- Tie-up with nearby hospital for OPD and emergencies
- Well laid play-fields and facilities for indoor/outdoor games and sports activities
- Student activity center for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Information and student counseling service
well-equipped and well-managed Library is the foundation of modern educational structure. The library is a source of learning to any institution. The Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology library caters adequately to the needs of B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA & MBA students, Research students as well as all the staff members.
- 4421 Titles
- 40,527 Volumes
- 83 National Journals
- Reading Hall for more than 200 students
- Special reading Room for researchers and teachers
- Member of AICTE – INDEST Consortium subscriber of IEEE, IEL, Springer, ASME, ASCE Journals online. Indian Standards are also subscribed online.
- Computerized Library management system
- Online International Journal Workstations
- 20 Online Journal workstations connected with 4 MBPS Internet Line . International journals are also available on campus network
- Audio-Visual library Section with 535 CDs
- Career Guidance Section
- Magazines and periodicals section (16)
- Timings (9 AM to 8 PM)
- Book Bank (with 231 Title and 8455 Books)
separate Reference Section is maintained for important and rare books. All the books of the library are computerized with Bar Code system and are being used for the operation of library procedures.
Digital Library is the main attraction to satisfy the thirst for knowledge of the students. It provides Access of 210 E-journals, Transactions and Conference proceedings. Students can download their desired materials. The E-journal Program has been launched under INDEST - AICTE Consortium with approval of MHRD.
- Number of Computers: 860
- Number of Computers in Library e. books and on line journals: 23
- Number of Computers in departmental offices & staff rooms: 180
- Number of Computers in R&D Cell: 8
- Number of Servers: 5
- Connectivity: Optical Fiber, UTP and Wireless
- Campus Connectivity: Optical Fiber & Wi-Fi
- Power Conditioner : 165 KVA with ½ Hrs. backup
- License Software: 21
- Internet Connectivity: 4 MBPS 24 Hrs. connectivity
Round the clock Internet
The computer labs are equipped with 800 state-of-the-art P-IV computers with the latest software required for various applications. All computers are interconnected on WAN and, in turn get connected to the Internet. The institute has established its own Radio Microwave Link facility with a high speed of 4 mbps via RF Link. Each student is provided with an independent personal computer for his/her academic use. Internet facility is being updated with high-speed service so that class notes and other academic inputs are available to the students.
Examinations Cell and Evaluation
Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology has been the Nodal Centre for Examinations of UPTU for Greater NOIDA region for a number of years and it has considerable experience in conducting examinations over a large region and is well versed with how to deal with examination related problems. The Examination Cell is also charged with conducting Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology internal examinations, held three times every semester. This goes through all the stages of the examination life cycle from planning, paper setting, to final handing over of answer scripts for evaluation.
The department headed by Mr. S.P. Gupta is responsible for development and implementation of computer supported ON-LINE integrated systems of TOTAL activities of both the colleges. System design caters to the needs of all the stakeholders of Engineering and Management Education i.e. Students, Faculty & Staff, Administration, Management, Parents, University, Alumni, Employers and Society as a whole. While certain modules like students admission, fee collection, hostel management, transport allocation, assets accounting, college library, employees' biometric attendance system and employees' payroll have already implemented and many others are in the queue or in the stream, the most important being Students Academic performance monitoring and follow up, faculty performance monitoring and follow up, students training and placement, alumni and availability of students' performance to parents on the web.