The department of Computer Science provides world-class research and education in modern computer science. The department has a cohesive team of well experienced faculty members having wide experience in recent technologies like Cloud computing, Grid Computing, High Performance Computing, Multimedia etc. It has different computer labs like Data Structure lab, Operating System lab, Multimedia lab, Web Technology lab, Research & Development lab. It also promotes active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest.
Some of the major research areas which the faculty members and students working on are Computer Networks, Database Systems, Multimedia, Image Processing, Software Engineering, Computer Architecture, Information System – Security and Data Mining.
The department excels in varied focus areas ranging from curriculum as prescribed by AKTU to game engineering. An extracurricular calendar of events and competitions give students ample opportunities to work together while gaining real-world experience that prepare them for their future careers. The department has extensive student engagement framework through regular interactions, annual educational tours, regular feedback mechanism, professional chapters and societies. The focus of the department is on state-of-the-art projects to be done by our BE and ME students, excellent teaching learning process, better alumni relations, good industry linked program and outcome based education.
Galgotias Computer Science graduates are recruited by industry-leading companies where they work to develop the hard and soft technologies we use everyday - the innovations that will make this world a better place for future generations.
To be center of excellence in providing contemporary education and research in the field of computer science and engineering.
- To prepare students for successful careers and lifelong learning in computer science and engineering with strong professional ethics and behaviour.
- To ensure effective teaching and learning process and quality research.
- To encourage innovations, product design and new technologies.
Program Educational Objectives
- The students will have preeminent technical competence and essential skills to excel in computer science and engineering.
- The students will have problem solving skills and impulse for research to give contemporary solution with an instinct for lifelong learning.<
- The students will have good communication and inter-personal skills to effectively work in multidisciplinary and diverse professional environment.
- The students will possess leadership qualities and team spirit to efficiently work with associates in their professional career.
- The students will understand their responsibilities with respect to societal and ethical needs.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex computer engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex computer engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex computer engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specific needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent relevant to the professional engineering practices
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norm of the engineering practices
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communications: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Apply theoretical computer science in the design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the trade-offs involved in design choices.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.