The department of Electrical and Electronics engineering has well established laboratories with modern infrastructure containing different types of equipment's in excellent working condition. The department has well qualified and dedicated faculties from IIT's, and NIT's. The students of the department are regularly exposed to the latest trends in the field of electrical and electronics engineering through regular industrial visits, guest lectures and workshops, seminar, conference etc. The department is headed by Dr.A.Ambikapathy. She has been involved in teaching of various subjects of Electrical and Electronics Engineering since last 18 years in the prestigious institutions of TN and UP. She has authored 9 Engineering books, 5 patent filed, Published more than 15 research papers in the different National & International Journals and Conferences. She has delivered several expert lectures on Intellectual property rights and motivational fields in different institutions of National level. She has supervised more than 25 B. Tech. Projects. Successfully organized 1stUPCON-ICEEE2015, ICAC2EIR 2018 and many national & international events sponsored by AICTE, DST, MNRE, IEEE and other funding agencies/sponsors.
The department is strengthened by well experienced and highly qualified teaching faculty. The department is established with all resources to conduct laboratories (Electrical Machines, Power System, Network Analysis & Synthesis, Electrical Measurements, Control Systems, Power Electronics, etc.). During the past years of the students of EEE have performed well in their academics by securing good pass percentage and got the selection in PSU's and IES. The students are placed in Top MNCs like Wipro, IBM, TCS, Infosys, Microsoft, Oracle, HSBC, HCL, Syntel etc. The department encourages students and staff to present and publish the papers, research articles in reputed international / national conferences and journals. Apart from this the students of EEE are actively participating and achieving remarkable appreciations & prizes in co-curricular activities like paper presentations, project expos, national level symposiums, internship programs, sports and other cultural activities in various engineering colleges.
Course Duration and Fee
To provide a competent electrical and electronics engineers, innovators and entrepreneurs by adding the value to meet the challenges of industries and society.
- To impart engineering education to produce an excellent professionals matching with the industry standards.
- Create an environment which promotes the ethical and moral values among students fraternity to make them responsible graduates through curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- To provide avenues of growth for innovations to the students through trainings and workshops.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program educational objectives (PEOs) of the EE undergraduate program are to
- To bring the habit of lifelong learning to be competent with the changing needs of the industries
- To prepare the graduates to opt for entrepreneurship and innovation to make them sensitize to full fill the needs of the society.
- To motivate and encourage the individuals to pursue higher studies as well as research for sustainable growth in their respective field.
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
The students will be able to:
- Design, Analyze and develop circuits and models in the field of Electrical Engineering and Power system
- Design and develop circuits and models for Analog digital Integrated Electronic circuits.