The department of Computer Applications was established in the year 2003. The department has highly qualified, committed and research oriented faculty members who share the mission and vision of the institution in imparting high quality education to the students. To enhance the technical skills and awareness, students are also motivated and inspired to participate in seminars and technical festivals etc. The Doctoral programmes are centered on Software Engineering, Mobile Computing, Computer Networking and Tele-Communications.
To keep itself abreast with latest developments in Computer Applications, the department makes extensive efforts to develop partnerships with industry. The department enjoys the privilege of having spacious and well-equipped laboratories that provide students, the industrial environment much needed for real life training. The department offers various seminars, workshops, symposia and entrepreneurship development programmes for the students to enable them keep pace with the rapid changes in the field of Computer Applications
Apart from syllabus coverage department is committed to provide multiple activities to make the students versatile. To develop interactive learning process students are given ample opportunities to take part in seminars, workshops, conferences and debates etc.
Prof. Gagan Tiwari is currently serving as Head in the Dept. of Computer Applications; he has served in reputed technical institutes of U.P. Technical University, Lucknow since 2001.
The department organized good numbers of national conferences, workshops, guest lectures, students and faculty development program successfully in last ten years. Some of the renowned personalities who graced these occasion with their benign presence are Prof. S. K. Kak, Honorable V.C. – MTU, Noida, Prof., Prof. K. Subramanian, Former IT Adviser to CAG of India, and Founder Director & Professor, Advanced Center for Informatics & Innovative Learning, IGNOU, Dr. B Athiyaman, Scientist-F & Head ,Super Computers Sec., Computer & Networking Division, DST (GOI) alongwith other dignitaries and shared their valuable knowledge and experiences during these events.
To be recognized as one of the focused Department imparting quality education among Colleges at State & National level.
- To promote technical proficiency by adopting effective teaching learning processes.
- To provide environment & opportunity for students to bring out their inherent talents for their all round development.
- To pursue creative and new technologies in Computer Applications and across disciplines in order to serve the needs of industry, government, society and the scientific community.
- To educate students to be successful, ethical, and effective problem solvers and lifelong learners who will contribute positively to the society.
Program Educational Objectives
- To provide students strong foundation in basic sciences, mathematics, scientific and computer fundamentals, knowledge and skill.
- To provide students the ability to identify, formulates, solve and analyze computing problems. They will be able to understand the applications of computing in multiple disciplines. The students will be having the mindset of multidisciplinary approach related to computations.
- To provide students the ability to design architecture, conducting experiments and developing the reports related to the field of Computer Science and Applications.
- To provide students the ability to apply learnt knowledge in developing real life computational solutions and projects. They will be able to collaborate and apply innovative aspects in solutions.
- To prepare the students to have effective communication and professional skills, positive attitude, team work, professional ethics & social issues and responsibilities.
- To make the students corporate ready to succeed in industry as professional or excel in higher education.
POs describe the expectation from the students about the knowledge and ability, gain throughout the time of graduation from the program.
The Program Outcomes of PG Course in Computer Applications is as follows:
- Computational Knowledge: Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
- Design/development of solutions: Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing tools to complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Professional Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practices.
- Life-long Learning: Recognise the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the computing and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communication Efficacy: Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society at large, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and understand clear instructions.
- Societal and Environmental Concern: Understand and assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practices.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
Program Specific Outcomes