The Electrical Engineering (EE) is one of the core branches of Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology, which has an excellent infrastructure to promote congenial academic environment to impart quality education. The department of Electrical Engineering has well equipped laboratories and a team of well qualified and dedicated faculty members and technical staff.
The objective of Electrical Engineering department is to equip the students with technical skills in the field of Electrical Engineering which is concerned with Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Utilization and Control of Electrical Energy. The department is fully committed to provide theoretical and practical knowledge to the students of electrical engineering as per modern industries requirement. The department conducts workshops and guest lectures from reputed industries to enhance practical knowledge of the students. Also, every year the department organizes an industrial tour to give industrial exposure to the students of electrical engineering.
Course Duration and Fee
“To become a pioneer department in producing competent, innovative and socially responsible electrical engineers.”
- To provide quality education through continuous upgradation of facilities and mentoring conducive to the department.
- To promote research and innovative practices focussing on the needs of industry.
- To transform students into socially cognizant professionals and entrepreneurs with amicable interpersonal and communication skills.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates shall be able to:
- Exhibit technical competence in Electrical Engineering and allied fields and attain feasible solutions best suited to the industry needs.
- Adapt to latest global technologies and optimally utilize resources to develop and create solutions for engineering problems.
- Perform as skilled professionals and entrepreneurs through good communication skills and ethics.
Engineering graduate will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex computer engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specific needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent relevant to the professional engineering practices
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norm of the engineering practices
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communications: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Utilize engineering mathematics, software tools and managerial skills for developing solutions in the field of Electronics Systems, Control Systems and Embedded Systems.
- Apply the knowledge of Electrical Power Engineering to solve real-time problems.