The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2007 with the approval of AICTE, with an initial sanctioned intake of 60 and presently it is 120. The department has excellent infrastructure and is currently served by a team of 26 well-qualified, experienced and dedicated faculties from IIT’s, NIT’s and prestigious institutions, whose specialization spans major areas in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The passionate and enthusiastic faculty of the department shore up students professionally and personally to achieve their goals. Apart from making them good technocrats, we also provide individual attention to groom them as peerless citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively. The department excels in quality education through advanced teaching methodology with adequate and well-equipped state of art laboratories. The laboratories are equipped with highly modernized equipment to provide the best practical knowledge to the students based on the recent technology. We house extensive fabrication, calibration and testing facilities for the execution of academic projects.
The students of our department regularly participate in Hackathon held all over India to showcase their talent. They also take a keen interest in society building such as planting trees and providing weekly education to the deprived children of the society. Our department provides them Industrial training visit as a part of the curriculum. We give special focus to the students who are preparing GATE and IES by providing them lectures from expert faculties from a reputed institute. To enhance the skill of the students we are providing a personality development program as a part of the curriculum which helps them to get themselves placed in MNC’s through on–campus and off-campus. Our department is organizing National and International Conferences, Workshops, expert lectures from academicians and persons from industry on regular basis for both the faculty and students for upgrading themselves.
Course Duration and Fee
To be recognized as a premier department in producing quality technocrats, innovators, entrepreneurs and researchers contributing to the society ethically.
- To provide quality education through state-of-art facilities in exploring new ideas and technical challenges.
- To promote research, innovation and entrepreneurship through industry- institute collaboration.
- To inculcate social, ethical and moral values among the students leveraging them to be global engineers .
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates shall be able to:
- Excel in their career by gaining knowledge using modern tools and technologies in the area of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Analyze real life problems and produce solutions through their entrepreneurship and innovative skills
- Exhibit ethical attitude, good communication skills and team work in core engineering through professional development and lifelong learning.
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Simulate and develop the models for controlling and contriving of different electrical circuits and systems.
- Design and develop electronics and communication circuits to provide solutions for complex engineering problems in the field of Electrical Engineering.