The department of Information Technology offers engineering programme at the undergraduate as well as at the post graduate levels. The course is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge of information technology with emphasis on applications together with a judicious blend of technical skills. The department emphasis the use of learning tools for the acquisition of knowledge and skills. Role-play, case study, project work, practical exposure, assignments, quiz, seminars, industry visits are some of the methods used for teaching learning process. The curriculum provides not only technical knowledge but also the exposure to recent technologies. To impart good quality engineering education, the department focuses on development of practical and application oriented minds. It is our attempt to make students learn by doing rather than by simply learning of topics and subjects.
The vibrant faculty members of the department possess demonstrated expertise in many areas of information technology and flair for teaching different courses. The department consists of a medley of faculty members with industrial and academic experience. The department has qualified and experienced faculty in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Networks, Data Mining, Database Systems, Neural Networks, Web Technology, Wireless and Sensor Networks, and Operating System. There are fully equipped laboratories in department such as: Computer Programming Lab, DBMS Lab, Software Engineering Lab, Networking Lab, Project Lab, R & D Lab. Research in the department focuses on creating and evaluating innovative learning that is inspired by technical progress. The key areas of research of the faculty members include semantic web, data mining, software reliability, wireless sensor networks, network security, big data analytics and cloud computing. The department has organized various national and international conferences.
Our graduates have distinguished themselves in higher studies at the top Universities. They also occupy positions of eminence in the computer industry. Our Alumni remain in constant touch with us and are contributing in the development of the department. Placements for our graduates are the best in the Institute.
The department with the passage of its evolution and growth has succeeded in creating its place of excellence within the Institute as well as among its counterparts in the country. It has been attracting bright students from all parts of the country for quality education in Information Technology. The department of Information Technology is committed to nurture professional manpower, competent and responsive to the challenges of a dynamic and vibrant society.
Course Duration and Fee
To become a center of excellence for quality education and globally innovation to fulfill the need of the Information Technology industry and society.
- To provide excellent learning environment for the students to be technically efficient in solving complex problems.
- To motivate the students continuously in developing research based project and producing innovative solution in relevant to their field.
- To impart social, moral and ethical values along with their leadership abilities leading to a global professional.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates will able to:
- Apply the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals to provide suitable Information Technology solutions for real world engineering problems.
- Produce software professionals and entrepreneur with a thirst for higher studies.
- Exhibit professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and teamwork with a multidisciplinary outlook.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Develop and test the software systems to provide automated solutions for Information Technology industry.
- Apply standard ethical and moral values, management principles and soft skills to develop projects for the societal needs.