- 6 years of teaching experience in reputed govt. /govt. added Institutions.
- Served as a contract faculty at IIIT Ranchi, NIT Jamshedpur and BIT Sindri before my Ph.D. and M.Tech. respectively.
- PHD from NIT Jamshedpur, with excellent publicationsin SCI (3)& Scopus (2)Journals along with one chapter in a Scopus indexed Springer book andIEEE &Springerassociated National and Internationalconferences.
- Serving as areviewer forResearch Script International Journals. Also reviewed the research paper of “International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER)”, a Scopus indexed journal in past.
- Selected as an asst. professor (Contract) at Gautam Buddha Government University, Gr. Noida in 2012.
- Awarded for academic excellence (Branch Topper) in B.Tech by Prof. Jeewan Kishore Das Memorial Scholarship in 2007.
- Teach various theory subjects to undergraduate students of class strengthup to 120.
- Conduct laboratory classesto undergraduate students with brief demonstration.
- Supervise post graduate students for their project work.
- Prepare course plan of each subject and layout a time frame and maintain it accordingly.
- Prepare and mark assignments given to students.
- Guide students through counseling during the admissions.
||Name of Institute
||Total Year of Experience
||SRM Institute of Science and Technology
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi (IIIT Ranchi), Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
||Assistant Professor (On Contract)
||20 April, 2015
||22 Jun, 2018
||3 years, 2 months
||NIT Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
||Assistant Professor (On Contract)
||8th August, 2011
||18th August, 2012
|Asansol Engineering College, Asansol, W. B.
||3rd July, 2010
||4th August, 2011
Grade pay: 6000
|1 years, 1 month
||B.I.T. Sindri, Dhanbad, Jharkhand
||11th July, 2007
||17th July, 2008
PHD Scholar 2012 – 2016
- Specialization: Power market
- Supervisors: Dr. Niranjan Kumar, Associate Professor and H.O.D., NIT Jamshedpur
- Title: Estimation and Analysis of Electricity Market Parametersin a Deregulated Environment
M. Tech. 2008 - 2010
BIT Sindri, Dhanbad
- Specialization: Power Systems
- Supervisors: Dr. D. K Tanti, Associate Professor, BIT Sindri,
- Dr. Niranjan Kumar, Associate Professor and Head, NIT Jamshedpur
- Title: Flow mile based transmission charging methodology for Indian power utility
||Year of Passing
||EEE (Electricity Market)
||N. I. T. Jamshedpur
||Awarded with Excellent report
||M. Tech (Power Systems)
||EEE (Power System)
||BIT Sindri, Dhanbad
||B. Tech (Electrical Engineering)
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
||B. P. U. T. Rourkela
Publications in International/ National Journals
- Anamika, Rajagopal Peesapati, Niranjan Kumar, “Estimation of GSR to ascertain solar electricity cost in deregulated electricity markets,” Renewable Energy (Elsevier), vol. 87, pp. 353-363, 2016.
- Anamika, Rajagopal Peesapati, Niranjan Kumar, “Electricity Price Forecasting and Classification through Wavelet – Dynamic Weighted PSO – FFNN Approach,” IEEE Systems Journal, Manuscript Number -ISJ-RE-16-05261, DOI- 10.1109/JSYST.2017.2717446.
- Anamika, Rajagopal Peesapati, Niranjan Kumar, “GSA–FAPSO-Based Generators Active PowerRescheduling for TransmissionCongestion Management,” IEEE Systems Journal, https://doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2018.2869672
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, A. K. Akella, “Estimation and Energy Efficiency Evaluation of Solar Energy using Artificial Neural Network and Data Envelopment Analysis,” International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, Jan. 2014, pp. 39-43.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Demand Forecasting in Deregulated Electricity Markets,” International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 108, No. 3, Dec. 2014, pp. 10-15.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Solar Resource Estimation Based on Correlation Matrix Response for Indian Geographical Cities,” International Journal of Renewable Energy Research-IJRER, 2016, ISSN: 1309-0127.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Market clearing price forecasting in India,” Energy Education Science and Technology Part D: Social Political Economic and Cultural Research, Vol. 7, Issue No. 3, Oct. 2015, pp. 183-192. ISSN:2147-5474
Publications in International/ National Conferences
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, A. K. Akella, “Prediction and Efficiency Evaluation of Solar Energy Resources by using mixed ANN and DEA approaches,” IEEE-PES GM 2014, pp. 1-5. At Washington, DC, July 27-31, 2014
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, A. K. Akella, “Estimation and Energy Efficiency Evaluation of Solar Energy using Artificial Neural Network and Data Envelopment Analysis,” ICEECE 2013.At Pune, India, 6th October, 2013.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, A. K. Akella, “Prediction and Efficiency Evaluation of Solar Energy: An Inter City Comparison,” ETES-2013. At Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, November 09-10, 2013.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Market Clearing Price Forecasting,” ICSSTCS – 2015 at B.I.T. Durg, Raipur, Chattisgarh during March 19-20, 2015.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Market Clearing Price Forecasting for Indian Electricity Markets” ICICCD2016, Springer, at UPES, Dehradun.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Market Clearing Price Prediction Using ANN in Indian Electricity Markets” ICEETS 2016, IEEE, at St. Xavier's Catholic College of Engineering Nagercoil.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Volatility indices evaluation and sensitivity analysis for deregulated electricity markets”, ITEC2016BUSAN, 1608 OceanTower, 203, Haeundaehaebyeon-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan, Korea.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Electricity MarketPrice Evaluation Using Hybrid PSO – ANN Algorithm” ICPEICES 2016, IEEE, at DTU, Delhi.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Volatility indices evaluation for deregulated electricity markets” ERCICA-2016, Springer, at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT), Yelahanka, Bangalore, India.
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Electricity Market Price Evaluation Using Hybrid PSO – ANN Algorithm” CIOCEM, CPRI, Bengaluru, 8 – 9 December, 2016.
Publications as chapter in Springer book
- Anamika, Niranjan Kumar, “Market Clearing Price Forecasting for Indian Electricity Markets”, Chapter 72, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, 2016. (Scopus Indexed).
||Name of International/ National Journal
||Title of the Paper
||SCI/ Non SCI
||Iranian Journal of Science and Technology Transactions of Electrical Engineering
||An Integrated PCA-ANN Approach for Electricity Point Price Forecasting
Brief Future Research Work
Consumers buying electricity directly from generators is a relatively recent phenomenon which leads to growth of electricity market. So, work need to be carried out for estimation and analysis of the various electricity market parameters like electricity demand, price, ancillary services in a deregulated environment considering various types of electricity market issues like liquidity, market distortion, market power, price volatility, negative price, energy customer switching rate, socio-political issues etc.However, the ever-increasing energy demand at a breathtaking rate worldwide with imminent climatic changes and the demand for clean energy sources have induced considerable global interest in low-carbon energy evolution. It extended the research interest towardselectricity market analysis and its expansion based on Levelized cost of electricity, Grid operations and infrastructure impacts, renewable energy policy and consigned government assistance, public acceptance and deployment barriers etc.Above said topic would be covered either by taking related consultancy projects or by writing innovative journal articles.
Achievements and Participations
- Active Participant in the Workshop titled “Regulation and Policy for Power Sector Reforms in India” held at the department of Electrical Engineering, N. I. T. Jamshedpur during, 12-13 June, 2014.
- Participated in Two weeks short term course on “Advances in Electrical Power and Control Systems (AEPS)” at Jagannath Institute of Technology and Management, Parlakhemundi, A. P. which was sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi.
- Active Participant in one day workshop on “Practical Power Flow Controller Brings Benefits for Power Electronics to the Grid”at the department of Electrical Engineering, N. I. T. Jamshedpuron 9th November, 2015.
- Participated in Two days national conference on “Modeling & Reliability Analysis of Electrical Systems (MRAES-2016)” at R.V.S. College of Engineering & Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand during 29th and 30th January, 2016.
- Active Participant in one week Short term courseon “Emerging Trends and Future Challenges in Power System Operation and Control (ETFCPSOC-2016)” at the department of Electrical Engineering, N. I. T. Jamshedpur during, June 20-24, 2016.
- Received meritorious scholarship from MHRD in M.Tech. and PhD
- Secured 89.23 percentile in GATE which was conducted by IIT Chennai (2008).
- Awarded by Prof. Jeewan Kishore Das Memorial Scholarship for academic excellence in 2007.
- Basic knowledge in C, MATLAB programming and other technical tools like Pspice, Hardware Descriptive Language (HDL), Microsoft Visio and Visual Basics in Excel.
- IEEE Student Member, Kolkata Section- 92942693
- IEEE Women in Engineering membership-92942693
- IEEE YoungProfessionals-92942693
- IAENG (International association of Engineers) membership- 141484
- ISRD (International society for research and development)- M4150901210
- International Solar Energy Society (ISES)
- Got a certificationfor yoga and aerobics at Yoga Research Centre, SEC, Mayurbhanj, Orissa.
- Volunteered actively in many Institutional programs.
- Efficient in web designing, blogging and e-resource handling.
- Quick in making animated designs, power point presentations and movies.
- Love to cook, sing & read good literature in free time.