Code of Conduct for Students
- No student shall indulge in any form of ragging of the fresher students, causing mental or physical agony or inflict monetary loss to them, harass them or indulge in any kind of obscenity, vulgarity or violence with them. Students found involved in any form of ragging are liable to severe disciplinary action, and shall be punishable under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code 1860.
- Hostel inmates who are out of the campus shall report to college main gates by 6.30 PM and are permitted to remain in the college park up-to 8.30 PM only.
- The Director reserves the right to permit or deny the admission in hostel to the students. The students can be asked to vacate the room at any time under unavoidable circumstances without giving any reason.
- A new student, on arrival, will report to the warden who will permit/her to take a room/seat in one of the hostels after the student has paid his dues and got himself/herself registered. He/she must then report to the warden. All students will be required to vacate their rooms as and when required by the Institute/hostel section or before they proceed on vacations.
- When occupying a room a student should check the room, fixtures, fittings, electrical fittings, the furniture and any other articles issued to him/her. He/She will be required to sign a receipt for these and will be responsible for their proper upkeep during his/her stay. He/She will be required to compensate the shortage found when he/she hands over the charge of the room. He/ She will also be charged for any damage caused to the fittings and the articles issued to him/her.
- The hostel inmates will refer their difficulties to Warden and invariably report all offences connected with discipline to concern HOD's. Offences of a major nature in hostel will be referred by him/her to the Wardens /Proctorial Board who will take suitable action in the matter.
- The Warden or a member of institute staff nominated by the Director can inspect the room of any student at any time.
- Students are requested to avoid singing aloud, shouting or making any types of noises which are likely to distract the attention of those who may be studying in their rooms or hostel libraries.
- Any furniture should not be removed from the rooms and used elsewhere either inside or outside the hostel without the permission of the Warden of concerning hostel block.
- Except for Computer, AC & cooler (in summer only), electrical appliances like heaters, TV, DVD Player, etc. are not allowed in hostel rooms. Interference with the electric connections and fittings and unauthorized use of electrical appliances will be severely dealt with.
- Air conditioners, Lights, fans, etc. should be switched on only when needed and must be switched off when not required or when going out of the room. Similarly water taps must be closed promptly after use.
- Students are cautioned to be very careful about the safety of their belongings. They should close their rooms securely when they leave the room even for short periods or when they are sleeping. Any theft either of a student's personal property or of the Institute property should be reported promptly to the Supervisor/Warden.
- Students should not keep large sums of money or valuable articles with them or in their rooms. They are advised to open a Savings Bank Account in a Bank/Post Office.
- Students are not permitted to consume or take alcoholic drinks and harmful drugs like Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), Ganja, Charas etc. within the Hostels/college premises. Any infringement of this order or visiting any place declared out of bounds to students will result in disciplinary action against the students concerned.
- Powered vehicles are not allowed to be used by the students within the institute campus.
- Students should not indulge in such acts which may disturb others at study or work in the hostels like loud playing of musical instruments or radios or loud singing or dancing etc. Students are not permitted to keep fire-arms or any lethal weapon with them even if they possess a license for it. Students are advised to keep their mobile phones very carefully and safely. Institute shall not entertain any complaint of loss/theft of mobile phones or any personal belongings of the inmates.
- Parents, guardians, near-relatives and friends may occasionally visit the students in their hostels. The only ladies permitted in a Boys' hostel are the mother of the student concerned.
- Students are prohibited from giving shelter to any other student/outsider in their rooms. In case of any unauthorized shelter, the student will be liable to disciplinary action.
- For the proper management of hostel life, a hostel Committee will be constituted for various hostels with the Warden as the Chairman and members to assist him. The main activities of the hostel Council will be to look after hostel upkeep, the welfare of inmates, recreational, cultural and disciplinary activities shall be entrusted to it.
- Allotment in the hostel depends on current year behaviour of the student. Students, unless specially permitted, will be allowed to occupy the rooms allotted to them in their hostel only 03 days prior to commencement of their academic session. Likewise they must vacate their rooms within 05 days of the closure of their academic session.
- Before proceeding on summer/winter vacation, students must handover the charge of their rooms, furniture and fittings etc. to the hostel Supervisor/Caretaker/ warden and get a receipt from him. If any student fails to do so, the Warden is authorized to break/open a locked room and make an inventory of the articles found therein. The student concerned will be fully responsible for any shortage found in the hostel property handed over to him. No responsibility will be accepted by the Institute for the private belongings of the students found in such rooms.
- Students are prohibited from screening/keeping obscene literature/video films in their possession. Any violation in this regard will result in disciplinary action.
- Students are prohibited from doing any obscene acts in the hostel/departments/institute campus. Any violation in this regard will result in disciplinary action.
- Students should not fix posters, notices, pictures, or anything that might damage the surface of the walls of the hostel. They should not attempt to make duplicate keys of the hostel rooms or any Hostel property therein.
- Residents found breaking any Rules & Regulations, Terms & Conditions at any hostel(s) under the purview of this institute are liable for expulsion from the hostel/disciplinary action.
Fee For In-Campus Girls Hostel
|Hostel Fee (per month)
|Double Occupancy (attached washroom)
|Double Occupancy (attached washroom)
Fee For In-Campus Boys Hostel
|Hostel Fee (per month)
NOTE: Mess Charges will be optional. If candidate opt then it will be Rs. 2,400/- per month. Above rates are applicable till June 2021.